- In 2020, Volkswagen sold 9,157,000 vehicle units compared to 10,956,000 vehicle units in 2019.
- Volkswagen sales in the Asia Pacific region reached 4,012,000 units compared to 4,538,000 units in 2019.
- Volkswagen sales in the European region reached 3,929,000 units compared to 4,856,000 units in 2019.
- Sales in North America fell to 744,000 units compared to 956,000 in the previous year.
- Sales in the South American region remained 471,000 units compared to 607,000 units in the previous year.
Vehicle sales of Volkswagen by Market/region 2006-2020.
Numbers of vehicle units in 000s (thousands).
|Year||Europe/Other markets (000s)||North America (000s)||South America (000s)||Asia Pacific (000s)|
- Sales of Volkswagen vehicles in Europe/Other markets increased to 4.74 million units in 2018 from 4.73 million vehicles in 2017.
- Sales of Volkswagen vehicles in Asia Pacific increased to 4.64 million units in 2018 from 4.53 million units in 2017.
- Sales of VW vehicles in North America declined to 925,000 units in 2018 from 992,000 units in 2017.
- Sales of Volkswagen vehicles in South AMerica increased to 596,000 units in 2018 from 526,000 units in 2017.
About the Volkswagen Group:
The Volkswagen Group is one of the largest manufacturers of automobiles and commercial vehicles globally. It is also one of the global automobile brands with the largest product portfolio. 12 brands from seven European countries are a part of VW’s product portfolio. Volkswagen also offers a wide range of financial services.
2020 remained a very challenging year for Volkswagen Group. Its net sales were heavily impacted due to the pandemic. The company’s unit sales of automobiles and commercial vehicles declined. Its sales and profits compared to the previous year also declined. The diesel fiasco continued to haunt the VW group in 2020. The net sales of the company declined to € 22.9 billion in 2020 compared to €252.6 billion in 2019.