Brief list of the competitors of Dow chemicals
A Brief list of competitors of Dow Inc.
Dow was spun off from Dow Dupont in 2019, following which Dow and Dupont became two separate companies.
Dow experienced solid improvement in its financial performance in 2021 compared to 2020. The net revenue of the company reached $55 billion in 2021 compared to $38.5 billion in 2020.
Dow Inc is a leading chemicals company based in the United States and with global operations. The company has its headquarters in Midland, Michigan, United States. As of the end of 2021, the company employed around 35,700 people (full time basis).
The company has 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and operates in a highly competitive industry environment.
Here is a brief list of the leading competitors of Dow Inc, with a description of main products and operating segments.
|Business Segment||Main Products||Leading Competitors|
|Hydrocarbons and Energy||Ethylene, propylene, benzene,|
butadiene, octene, aromatics coproducts, power, steam, other
1. Chevron Phillips Chemical
|Packaging and specialty plastics||Aliphatic|
The main competitors of Dow chemicals in hydrocarbons and energy segment include 1. Chevron Phillips Chemical - provides polymers and petrochemical products employed in manufacturing processes around the world.
2. ExxonMobil - one of the world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies.
3. INEOS - A global chemical company with operations comprising 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries.
4. LyondellBasell - one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world and a leading producer of oxyfuels.
5. SABIC - Saudi Basic industries corporation (owned majorly by Saudi Aramco), is a Saudi based chemical company.
6. Shell - A British multinatiojnal oil and gas company headquartered in London, UK.
7. Sinopec - A chinese oil and gas company based in Beijing, China. Also known as China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation.
In the packaging and specialty plastics segment, its main competitors include:
6. Nova, 7. SABIC