Alphabet General and Administrative expenses
General and Administrative (G&A) expenses of Alphabet 2014-2021.
Amounts are in millions.
|Year||G&A expenses (Millions)|
2021: The General and administrateive expenses of Alphabet Inc, the parent company of Google, increased to $13.5 billion in 2021 from $10.05 billion in the previous year.
General and administrative expenses of Alphabet (parent company of Google) increased to $8.13 Billion in 2018 from $6.9 Billion in 2017. In 2018, the G&A expenses of alphabet were 5.9% of the entire revenue compared to 6.2% in 2017.
The G&A expenses mainly include:
• Labor and facilities-related costs for employees in Alphabet's facilities, finance, HR, IT, and legal organizations;
• Depreciation & equipment-related expenses;
• Professional services fees related mainly to external legal, audit, information technology consulting, and outsourcing services;
• Amortization of certain intangible assets; and
• Stock-based compensation expense.
Alphabet is the parent company of Google. It has its headquarters located at Mountain View California, United States.
Apart from its google search engine and advertising products, Alphabet offers a vast range of products including Cloud services and other services like Chrome Browser and Google Maps.
The CEO of Alphabet is Sundar Pichai. Alphabet’s main source of revenue if digital advertising followed by cloud services. It also owns YouTube and some other businesses that are collectively called Other Bets.